Opportunities for new volunteers
What talents will you bring to the farm?
1. Farming and gardening – volunteers join our farmers in daily farm chores. Tasks include mulching, composting, transplanting, harvesting, weeding and other plant-related tasks. No qualifications or skills required, though gardening experience is a plus.
Length of commitment: continuous (spring-fall)
2. Infrastructure and build projects – volunteers assist farm crew in building, assembling, and fixing structures such as high tunnels, sheds, farm stand, tables, benches, and other carpentry projects. Carpentry and/or construction experience is a plus.
Length of commitment: continuous (year-round opportunities)
3. Committees – Committees participate with the board of directors and farmers to plan for and coordinate the short and long term viability of the farm. We have the following committees: Finance, Marketing, Education, Master Planning, and Events. Backgrounds in finance, marketing, outdoor education, landscaping, and architecture are of value.
The time required (hours per week) 2 hours every other week or 30 minutes weekly (depending on the committee)
To volunteer, please email us. Thank you.
At Barrington Farm School, we are always looking for volunteers to join us. Whether you are an individual, family, school, religious or other institution or corporate group, we welcome any and all ages and abilities. As an inclusive farm school, we offer a variety of volunteer experiences and opportunities.
- Farm events (yoga, farm dinners, tours, corporate outings
- Food scrap drop-off site
- Join a farm committee (education, major projects, marketing, crop planning)
Support the farm! Make a secure donation online.
Interested in having an event at the farm? Birthday parties, campouts …. everything gets a farm theme… Inquire by sending us an email.