Are you interested in volunteering, learning to farm organically, working on a school or scout project, bringing students or children to the farm, helping in construction, or doing an internship? View our Volunteer Handbook, and sign-up here!
If you are a Corporation, School or Community Group looking to bring 10 or more volunteers out to the farm, please email us, and our Volunteer Coordinator will get back to you with details about how you can create a memorable, team building experience that makes a difference!
Opportunities for new volunteers
1. Farming and gardening – volunteers join our farmers in daily farm chores. Tasks include mulching, composting, transplanting, harvesting, weeding and other plant-related tasks. No qualifications or skills required, though gardening experience is a plus.
Length of commitment: continuous (spring-fall)
2. Infrastructure and build projects – volunteers assist farm crew in building, assembling, and fixing structures such as high tunnels, sheds, farm stand, tables, benches, and other carpentry projects. Carpentry and/or construction experience is a plus.
Length of commitment: continuous (year-round opportunities)
3. Committees and Teams – These groups plan for and coordinate different aspects of the farm’s operation. If you’re interested in a particular topical area, contact one of the team leader(s) below.
Collects and processes food scraps from the community to create organic fertilizer for the farm
Conducts programs, tours, events, home schooling
|Farm Stand Committee|
Manages farm stand; prices and sells farm produce, flower, and honey
|Food Safety Team|
Educates the farm’s volunteers on safe handling of fresh food
Builds, expands, and maintains structures, electricity, and water
|Learning Garden Team|
Working to establish an ADA accessible garden for disabled volunteers
|Pollinator Pathway Team|
Manages a section of the farm devoted to pollinators (bees, other insects, birds)
|Water Resources Team|
Works with USDA to manage and expand the farm’s well water and irrigation
- Farm events (yoga, farm dinners, tours, corporate outings
- Food scrap drop-off site
- Join a farm committee (education, major projects, marketing, crop planning)
Support the farm! Make a secure donation online.
Interested in having an event at the farm? Birthday parties, campouts …. everything gets a farm theme… Inquire by sending us an email.